Wondering what healthy breakfast to eat when you are on the go in the morning? Look no further than oatmeal. This simple breakfast brings many health benefits to individuals and will keep you trim in the meantime. Here are some reasons why you may consider oatmeal as your first choice for breakfast:
- Oatmeal is high in beta-glucan fiber which studies show can help you lower cholesterol.
- Oatmeal is high in soluble fiber which can help keep you full for longer in the morning.
- Because oatmeal keeps you full for longer, it can help with weight loss.
- Oatmeal is an affordable breakfast that can be found at many local breakfast establishments in Long Beach, CA.
- Studies have found that oatmeal has the ability to lower blood sugar levels in people who are overweight.
To ensure you keep your oatmeal healthy, it is advised to not add brown sugar or syrup into your oatmeal. To sweeten up your healthy breakfast, try putting in raisins, blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, apple, or cinnamon instead.